Sunday, February 28, 2016

Last Splash

These are The Breeders
The Breeders are quite a groovy group of musicians. The band has Kim Deal from The Pixies, and Tonya Dolley from Throwing Muses. Their music is so awesome because it really takes you elsewhere and gives you a sense of controlled chaos. Basically what rock is supposed to do.
I am presently obsessed with this album called "Last Splash" by the Breeders. My favorite song of this album is called "No Aloha". The music by this band has such a cool sound, I'd describe it as 90s rock, with Red Hot Chilli Peppers, and a bit of The White Stripes. I also love the songs "Invisible Man", "Cannonball", and "New Year". The reasons I connect with this album so much is because things in my life are confusing and insane right now. I turn to music like this to shut the world out, and  listen to my own heart poured out through the emotions of another.
I have a lot of respect for this band because not many bands with so many females are as recognized in the rock world. They are known of, but this was a very successful group in great contrast to others. The music sounds vintage and live as you listen to it. It truly can not be put into words how much I love this band. 
My belief on the title of "Last Splash", is that life is full of a series of waves. Unless you live it to the point where the last splash of life's' ocean may be soon, you will never be able to fully open your eyes to the life that really surrounds you.
                        I totally recommend this group of musicians, and especially this album.

No comments:

Post a Comment