Sunday, February 28, 2016

Favorite Songs (Part Two)


  Continuing my blog referring to my favorite artists, and songs, in addition to having an undying love for hard rock, and alternative, soft rock really speaks to me as well.

This is Cat Stevens, now Yusuf Islam.
  Many of my favorite songs that have spoken to me on a more emotional level are sung by Cat Stevens. The album "Tea For The Tillerman", was discussed in my blog about songs perfect for the crisp air of autumn. The song "Peace Train",  from another album, really speaks to me because it associates with finding a true state of peace and tranquility. Once you board the peace train you are headed home. This could have several interpretations as the train could be the passage to eternal life, or heaven, or could be the train humanity needs to find itself on, considering our hatred and conflict.
"Father and Son", is a song that makes me understand that life can vanish quickly and at my age I have the time to relax and enjoy as much of it as I can. It also brings me in the perspective of my parent, as I get older  I am slowly losing the constant help to function, and can do things on my own, which I am sure could be upsetting for a mother. 
      My top favorites include "Moonshadow". The song allows you to realize just how much you have in your life and how no matter your circumstance. If you lose your hands, you won't have to work. If you ever lost your eyes, you wouldn't have to cry anymore. If you lose legs, you won't have to walk anymore. If you lose your mouth, you won't have to talk. No matter how terrible life may seem, you will find a positive source of energy. No matter what you lose, you still will gain. You will be rich in the aspects of life, if you take a second to realize they are there.
  My final favorite by Cat Stevens is called,"Morning Has Broken". My passions not only thrive in the heart of music, but in the spirit of nature. The song discusses the essence of early morning, how the dawn of day can be the start of beauty. Nature is referenced in the sense that everything is new and precious come a new day. Similar to spring, the flowers blossoming a new, the birds sounding as if their first, the song makes you feel anything is possible, and every day certainly does not need to be ordinary and can be a sign of hope.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment