Wednesday, October 7, 2015

My Autumn Soundtrack 🍂🌻🍂

  Today I realized life itself should have a soundtrack. Music really reflects our emotion, personal emotions, and at times we are silent, it can yell just how we feel the loudest. Autumn should have a soundtrack, it's such a beautiful and cozy time of the year.(Let me just say it's my favorite season). Unfortunately here in California, the weather always seems hot even now. Luckily, every year I visit this small town in San Diego called Julian, that is very festive for fall. In  addition, the town makes its own cider and has apple orchards everywhere. The three hour night trip, with the stars now visible and air crisp and clean, inspired me to listen to some of my favorite artists. 
 The moon light inspired me to listen to the song "Moonshadow" by folk rock artist Cat Stevens, now named Yusuf Islam. The song has a calm rhythm and really brings perspective on the people around you and how there are so many adventures awaiting. The acoustic guitar has a very distinct role in his album transforming a relaxed vibe. The album is  "Tea For The Tillerman". The song "Moonshadow'' is on a different album, however is still great otherwise. Cat Stevens is an artist I grew up listening to on road trips ,and especially going to Julian.
This is his album Tea For The Tillerman. It consists of songs such as"Wild World" and "Longer Boats". It is one of my favorite albums to listen to in  autumn.

 The next album on this playlist I have developed mentally is by Coldplay,an alternative rock band. Many people are unfamiliar with this band and it's older albums, aside from ''Viva La VIda" or "Mylo Xyloto". The older sound of Coldplay is certainly extraordinary. 
The album I love is called "Parachutes". The album really focuses on showing you how beautiful and ever so delicate life, is even through the consequences that come with our decisions. These seem like pretty soft concepts for a rock band ,am I right? Coldplay does its magic and from "Don't Panic" to " Everything Is Not Lost" you journey through reality and how even with its' downs, things will be okay. The reason I love this album is because I am very passionate about travel ,and the nature of the world which is what this album represents.


This is "Parachutes" by Coldplay. During this month I tend to play it on my record player late at night, light a candle, make some cinnamon tea, and relax to the very soothing sound it has.

The Beatles are my favorite band.  They have such a unique yet odd and classic sound that has caught me for so many years. The Beatles have a brand new sound each album and it is so fascinating, the number of theories and secrets and the sound the make. For these very reasons, the gypsy melody and very philosophical words attract to my taste when it comes to music at different times of the year. I am a strong lover of nature and the album "Rubber Soul has an urban sound that I have listened to in many environments. The weather which is slightly cooler in the evenings encourages me to be outside and listen to this. 
"Rubber Soul" has peaceful songs like "Girl", "Nowhere Man'', "In My Life", as well as "Norwegian Wood". 
To conclude my Autumn playlist,  I will tell a quick  but inspirational story of a man I saw on the streets of Julian. With his old acoustic guitar, the elder man stared off in the distance with bright blues eyes and sang his heart out to ,"Comes A Time''. With my sisters wandering ahead in the cool breeze the enlightening voice grabbed my attention and I turned around. I smiled and realized the man was blind. Music is such a powerful thing. Many people gathered around and enjoyed the fall air as he sang the Neil Young song.  The blind man rocked the guitar and smiled feeling the presence of the listening ears. Because I grew up with his music, and that empowering moment, Neil Young and his" Harvest Moon" is something that reminds me how important the ones you love are, and how music really binds people. Never stop listening to music because it is a language we can all express with.
This album means a lot to me personally because "One Of These Days'' and "Harvest Moon'' are songs that are important to me because I can consider all of these aspects within music.

These are my favorite artists during this time of year. Happy Autumn, stay rocking, and stay consistent because next week I am going to a concert. You will find out the artist next week. Have an amazing week!


No comments:

Post a Comment