Saturday, September 26, 2015

Seven Nation Electricity

This is my red squire electric guitar. It has such a smooth loud sound and is easy to carry.


Starting out on rock book one, I am an enthusiastic owner of a sick squier electric guitar. I have become so fascinated with the sound of a guitar. In many Coldplay songs I listen to I remember the parts where the guitar has a solo, or leading position, such as in the song "Violet Hill". Anyways I do not want to bore you, let's continue.
  My mom originally wanted me to play acoustic guitar (noise wise) but I was really gravitated towards the electric and now once a day I blast the amplifier in my room and have at it. (Sorry mom)..When I was dropped off at Guitar Center  I came with my father's acoustic guitar but half way through playing it, the guitar became untuned and the strings were all breaking off. My mother looked into the end of the lesson and saw me borrowing a blue electric guitar from the studio. I thought to myself it must have been meant for me.
   I started on a riff, which is a series of notes or numbers for the song "Seven Nation Army", by the amazing rock group the White Stripes. With so much practice, I am now able to follow along the pace of the entire song and have my own electric guitar now!
    My opinion on guitar is that you need to have patience when making it sound right, and be prepared because it does hurt your fingers sometimes while playing chords, or holding down a number of strings.This class is exposing me more into rock culture and I love going to the studio and seeing people my age who share the same expression. The expression of music.
   If you don't know the White Stripes find some time to search them up. I highly suggest the songs,"Seven Nation Army", and "Icky Thump". (Great guitar solos). Anyways enjoy the rest of your day and continue checking for some more intresting stories, information, and more on my experience with this awesome instrument!


No comments:

Post a Comment